About the Oregon Game Project Challenge
OGPC is the only state-wide game programming competition in Oregon! It introduces middle and high school students to computer programming basics while educating them in science and current events. Teams of three to seven middle or high school students create computer games designed to be fun, challenging and innovative around a socially responsible annual theme. Teams present their games to industry professionals and are awarded in several categories during the statewide competition in April.
Why the Oregon Game Project Challenge?
By creating a great game, students can:
- Win recognition and achievement awards
- Have fun developing a game for others to play
- Learn about the annual theme
- Learn the basics of game development and the underlying computer science
- Work with friends and teammates on a fun, creative project
- Gauge their interest in learning more about game development and computer science