Volunteering at OGPC
OGPC requires dozens of volunteers every year and we are always looking for more help. There are many ways that volunteers contribute to the success of OGPC:
- Judging — Evaluating teams and their products as well as giving candid, constructive feedback.
- Coaching — Coaching and mentoring a middle school or high school team throughout the design, development, and competition process.
- Speaking — We host a wide range of gaming and software industry professional speakers every year.
- Planning and Event Support — It takes an army of volunteers to pull off the planning and execution for this event. Read on below to learn more!
Planning and Event Support
We have a core planning committee that meets every two weeks from December through early spring, then weekly up to the statewide event. If you have experience volunteering at or participating in past OGPC events and are interested in joining the core planning committee, please let us know.
If you are interested in helping out at one of our events, we would love to have your help. Here are some examples of event day volunteer opportunities:
- Help with on-site registration
- Keep time and queue up teams at judging and presentation rooms
- Event photography
- Scorekeeping and tabulation
- Arcade management
If you are interested in any of these volunteer opportunities, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.