To get started, please contact us or go straight to our volunteer interest survey:
General Volunteer Info
OGPC requires dozens of volunteers every year and we are always looking for more help. There are many ways that volunteers contribute to the success of OGPC:
- Judging— Evaluating teams and their products as well as giving candid, constructive feedback.
- Coaching — Coaching and mentoring a middle school or high school team throughout the design, development, and competition process.
- Speaking — We host a wide range of gaming and software industry professional speakers every year.
- Event day general help:
- Help with on-site registration
- Keeping teams focused and on-track
- Event photography
- Scorekeeping and tabulation
- The satisfaction of helping up and coming game designers and developers
- The chance to see very fresh perspectives on game making
- Experience with the running of a student event
- Free breakfast and lunch!
What do you get out of it?
OGPC and Students
OGPC is a unique event that strives to offer a fun gaming experience where kids get to show off their games in a positive, respectful environment. Our mission is to get kids excited about computer science and nurture their interests. The Main Event is somewhat of a game itself! Teams earn Achievement Points based on how they developed their game and how they present to the judges. Teams that earn the most points in the Middle School or High School divisions win awards. It’s up to all of our volunteers to make sure that all participating students have a great experience at OGPC!
Planning and Event Support
It takes an army of volunteers to pull off the planning and execution for this event. We have a core planning committee that meets every two weeks from December through early spring, then weekly up to the statewide event. If you have experience volunteering at or participating in past OGPC events and are interested in joining the core planning committee, please let us know. If you are interested in any of these volunteer opportunities, we would love to have your help! please contact us.
Event Day Information
Our Main Event happens on April 23. Volunteers check in before 8:30 a.m. A few of you are needed for setup and team check-in. Please arrive early to help us set up and be ready before 7:30 a.m. The Keizer Community Center has parking behind it. Check in at the registration desk to find out how to get started.